Everyone can Find Ways to Save on Home Energy
Finding ways to reduce a home’s energy cost can seem a bit frustrating when it’s not clear how fast an appliance or habit it adding to an energy bill. However, by changing one’s personal habits and using energy-star rated appliances, big savings can be realized. Good ways to reduce energy costs include:
- Weather-stripping windows and doors to stop air gaps.
- Using double-paned windows.
- Keeping a thermostat locked at 68 on cold days and 78 on warm days.
- Using newer energy star appliances less than seven years old.
- Reducing appliance use during the day at peak times.
- Convert to natural gas where possible.
Karen Spechler has been serving all of your real estate needs in the Santa Barbara region for years, finding ways to help clients save on both living costs as well as real estate purchases. Because of her expertise in the area, she can contact and find prime real estate properties that match a client’s needs best, circumventing around inventory that may end up being a mismatch in the long run. So if considering moving to Santa Barbara or are ready to list a home, give Karen a call today.