Here’s a Fresh Thought: Visit the Farmer’s Market
The Goleta Farmer’s Market takes place every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Camino Real Marketplace, 7004 Marketplace Drive in Goleta. If you’ve never been to a farmer’s market, consider this:
1) Farmer’s markets offer the freshest possible produce, picked from the fields in California and quickly brought to the market.
2) You have a chance to buy fresh fruits and vegetables in season, when they’re ripest. Produce found in stores may have been picked before it is ripe, to account for time spent in transit.
3) As growing seasons change, there’s always a new variety of produce available at the market.
4) You have a chance to sample and buy local produce that may not be found in stores, including heirloom fruits and vegetables.
5) You can meet farmers in person and ask any questions you have about growing techniques, pesticide use, even preparation tips.
6) Farmer’s markets are social occasions. You have a chance to shop, meet up with neighbors and friends, and meet new people.
Santa Barbara real estate expert Karen Spechler is pleased to support local events like the Goleta Farmer’s Market. If you’re looking to buy or sell a home, Karen can support your goals, too.