Buying a Home Like a “Flipper”
“Flipping” houses in our area has become popular once again. Investors are buying properties, fixing them up, and flipping them for a quick profit. You don’t have to be a real estate expert to take advantage of their secrets. An article from MSN recently shared some tips. They include:
- Investigate the neighborhood. How many houses are available and what have they been recently been selling for?
- Take your time and look at a lot of homes to get a good feel of what is out there and what property may be a good deal.
- When you find the right property, offer a higher price than other bidders or put down a larger deposit to show your commitment.
- Show that you can close quickly.
- Steer away from houses with structural issues.
- Get a home inspection and if possible, accompany the inspector.